Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trying to get to the end.

The writer of the blog Mary Dell seems to be a common reader who enjoys blogging for her own sake. She takes this time blogging to get her thoughts down about the books that she is reading as well as to think through how she currently feels about the novel. I do not see and signs that Mary is a professional blogger; she is merely an avid reader who likes to share her experience with others. As for this book, it seems as though she is not satisfied with the feelings the author is trying to give her while reading. “I know too much about them (the characters) to laugh at them and they never laugh at themselves with me (the reader) even though they spend plenty pages laughing at each other.” Her taste in this novel is very subjective, I believe that I could continue to enjoy the “office gossip” even when it became personal because I feel like that is the point of this book, as she has described it. There are so many blogs that spend time praising authors on the genius; however, I like that this blog shows that different readers can have different feelings on a book that someone else may believe is a masterpiece.

http://www.bookblog.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment